What is Amla
The Health Benefits of Amla: Amla is a sour and astringent flavored medicinal fruit. Which is grown in humid and hilly areas in the cold season. It is a light green round and small size fruit rich in vitamin C. Even in Ayurveda, Amla is considered very useful for health,(Health benefits of Amla) so its medicinal properties are mentioned in detail. Amla is also effective in eliminating skin problems such as asthma, cough, breathing disease, constipation, chest disease, heart disease, urinary disorders, increasing prostate and reducing fat, besides making the hair black, long, and dense.
The Health Benefits of Amla– Amla prove to be a panacea for not only health but also hair and skin problems. Consuming Amla regularly helps in getting rid of countless problems like allergies, cancer, liver problems, diabetes, eye problems, pimples, aging scars, dandruff, white hair. With which you can adopt a healthy and happy lifestyle.
Different types of Amla
Amla is found in many types like Banarasi, Chakaiya, Francis Amla, and Wild Himalayan Amla. Generally, amla is easily available everywhere in the market.
Health benefits of Amla intake right dosage
If you want to keep yourself healthy and fit in every season, then you must make a habit of eating Amla juice, Amla powder, or Gooseberry jam every day. But it is very important to know the right amount of Amla before consuming it, because like everything, its excess can also lead to some unknown problem. Generally, according to doctors and Ayurvedacharya, it is beneficial to take 1 fresh gooseberry daily. While it is advisable to take 10-20 ml Amla juice and 2 teaspoons i.e. 4 grams Amla powder.
The right time and the right way to eat Amla
As we have already mentioned in the article, Amla can be used as juice, powder, and marmalade. At the same time, if we talk about the right way and time of taking it, then the following things have to be taken care of to get the health benefits of Amla and Amla juice.
The benefits of drinking Amla juice on an empty stomach in the morning are considered effective. However, no scientific evidence is available.
It is advisable to take the powder on an empty stomach in the morning or at night with warm water before sleeping.
Eating gooseberry jam with hot water on an empty stomach in the morning can be beneficial.
Different ways to consume gooseberry
Health benefits of Amla: Gooseberry jam
Amla dipped in sugar syrup is very good in taste. Consumption of Amla murabba is considered very beneficial for health. You may not like Amla, but you will like the jam made from it. From children to elders, everyone should eat Amla jams in winter.
- One kilo chopped gooseberries
- One and a half kilograms of powdered sugar
- A spoonful of ground cardamom
- A spoonful of black pepper
- A spoonful of black salt
- Half a teaspoon alum powder
How to use
- First, wash the gooseberries and leave them to soak in water for about a day. Remember to add half a teaspoon of alum powder to it.
- The next day, wash the gooseberries with water and finely pierce them with a needle.
- Now fill water in a large vessel and offer it to the gas for heating.
- When the water starts simmering, then put the gooseberry in the pot with hot water.
- Turn off the gas when water boils again and cover the pot with something and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now remove this pot and take another vessel and put two glasses of water in it and put it on the gas.
- Now put sugar in this vessel and mix it well in water.
- Once the sugar is mixed well in water, add boiled gooseberries and cook it well on medium flame.
- When the amla is heated and cooked well and the sugar starts to thicken, add black pepper, black salt, and cardamom and mix well.
- Now cook it for two minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Now gooseberry jam is ready. Keep it to cool down and then keep it in an airtight container.
Health benefits of Amla: Gooseberry Chutney
It is often seen that diseases are more effective during the winter season, in which the consumption of amla has been considered very beneficial to increase the immunity of the body and to meet the deficiency of nutrients in the body. In this way, you will like to eat gooseberry sweet chutney made from amla, you can eat it by applying it like jam on paranthas, puris or bread. Children like this sauce very much. Put chutney on the parathas, roll them and pack them in the lunch box, the children will come and finish the lunch.
- 100 grams Green Coriander
- Two gooseberries
- Two green chilies
- Half a lemon
- A quarter teaspoon salt/sugar
How to use
- Firstly grind green coriander, amla, green chili, and salt together in a grinder.
- Now take out the prepared paste in a vessel and add lemon juice to it and serve it for eating.
Health benefits of Amla: Amla juice
From December to April, Amla juice can be extracted and drunk fresh. To use Amla Juice after the season, you can also remove Amla juice and reserve it. Taking amla juice daily helps in digestion, glows in the skin, and gets rid of skin diseases. It helps in increasing the shine of hair, preventing hair from becoming white. Apart from this, it also has many benefits.
- Chopped pieces of four gooseberries
- a glass of water
- A pinch of black salt (to taste)
How to use
- Add water and amla pieces to the mixer and grind it well.
- After grinding it well, sieve it in a glass.
- Now add a pinch of black salt to the prepared juice and drink.
Health benefits of Amla Candy
Amla should be eaten in any way, it is very beneficial for our body, so you must include a good homemade Amla candy from the market items. Children dislike eating amla in such a way, to keep the quality elements of gooseberry in them, keep gooseberry candy, children will eat it with great interest.
Andhra Style Amla Pickle
Andhra style amla pickle made differently is very tasty and spicy. In the pickle of Indian gooseberry prepared in this way, you do not know the astringency of the gooseberry at all. You must include it with your food.
Spicy amla candy
If you do not like to eat sweet Amla Candy then you can eat Amla Candy by making it salty and spicy. This salty spicy Amla Candy is also a very helpful indigestion. You can also make it as per your taste by mixing black salt, black pepper, and ginger powder.
Health benefits of Amla Laddu
Amla Ladoo is beneficial in the winter season, like these Ladoos made from dry fruit help give you freshness. It gives warmth to the body as well as relieves joint pain. Children who do not like to eat Amla, eat Amla Ladoos with great love.
Health benefits of Amla Pickle
Pickle enthusiasts must include gooseberry pickles in their food in winter. It gives you amla nutrients and keeps you healthy. Your ability to fight diseases also increases.
As of now, no proper amla losses are known, but in certain circumstances, its overdose may exhibit some negative effects.
- It helps reduce blood pressure, so patients suffering from low blood pressure should avoid its intake.
- People taking diabetes medicine must take doctor’s advice before its consumption. The reason is that it has antidiabetic (blood sugar lowering) properties. At the same time, such people should avoid eating gooseberry marmalade in any condition, because there is more sugar content in this substance.
- Due to its diuretic effect, its excessive intake can also cause the problem of frequent urination.
- If there is a complaint of allergy to any food item, please consult a doctor once before consuming it.
- Be sure to consult a doctor before consuming amla during pregnancy.