Anantasana is an important yoga posture. This asana is also called Vishnu posture as it is named after Lord Vishnu. Doing Anantasana yoga is very beneficial for our bodies. By doing this yoga asana, there is good circulation of blood throughout the body. This yoga improves the pelvic muscles and also promotes the function of the prostate gland. Let us know in detail the system of doing Anantasana yoga and the benefits of it.
What is Anantasana yoga?
Anantasana is considered to be the best yoga posture of the yoga series. Anantasan is a Sanskrit word which is made up of words whose first word is “Ananta” which means “boundless” and the second word is “Asana” which means “Pose”. Anantasan Yoga is also known as Vishnu Asana. Anant is one of the many famous names of Lord Vishnu. When you do Anantasan, your body resembles the resting posture of Lord Vishnu. The 1000-headed serpent is also known as “Ananta” according to Hindu religion, which is the sleeping bed of Lord Vishnu. Anantasana yoga is also known in English as Sleeping Vishnu Pose, Eternal One’s Pose, and Side-Reclining Leg Lift.
Do this asana before doing Anantasana yoga
Before doing Anantasana yoga posture, you should practice some yoga asanas given below, which will make it easier for you to do this asana-
- Downward dog seat
Steps to do Anantasana
Some steps are being given below to do Vishnu Asana or Anantasan yoga posture, with the help of which you can do this asana easily.
- To do Anantasana yoga, first of all, lay down a yoga mat and lie down on it with your right side.
- Keep both your arms and legs fully straight.
- Now bend your right hand at the elbow and support your head.
- Then bend your left leg at the knee and bring the knee towards your mouth.
- Now hold the left toe with the left hand and unbend the leg overhead.
- In this position, your left leg and left arm will be completely straight upwards.
- You try to do Anantasan yoga for at least 15 to 30 seconds.
- After this, you change your position and take the left side and lift the right leg. You have to do this action from both sides.
There are many benefits of doing Vishnu Asana or Anantasan Yoga, it helps in removing various types of diseases of our body, let us know its benefits in detail-
Anantasana yoga for better circulation
Anantasana yoga is veritably salutary for better blood rotation throughout the body. To do this yoga, you have to raise your legs and arms so that a good amount of blood reaches the whole body below you. It also helps in the development of the pelvic region.
Vishnu Asana to strengthen the leg muscles
Anantasana yoga tones the muscles in the legs, especially the knees, ankles, and shanks. Piecemeal from this, the torso and lower reverse are strengthened by this yoga. The muscles of the hips, spine, and chest get a good stretch by practicing this Anantasana yoga.
Anantasan yoga beneficial in the digestive system
Anantasana yoga strengthens our digestive system and keeps the digestive system healthy. Regular practice of this asana gets rid of the gas produced in the stomach, as well as it is comfortable for other stomach problems like constipation, dyspepsia, diarrhea, abdominal cramps dwqw`2, etc.
Benefits of Anantasana Yoga in Strong Spine
Anantasana yoga is a very beneficial asana to strengthen the spine. By doing this yoga, the leg muscles along with the spine become more flexible, the hamstrings are also stretched and strengthened. Anantasan yoga stretches and strengthens the sides of your torso.
Anantasana Yoga to strengthen the thighs
Anantasana yoga is beneficial in strengthening the muscles of your thighs, it strengthens your hips, stretches the hamstrings, it also cures back pain. Anantasan Yoga reduces the weight of your hips and thighs.
Benefits of Anantasan Yoga in Blood Pressure
Anantasana yoga is considered very good for controlling high blood pressure. Apart from this, this yoga helps in curing arthritis, colitis, and sciatica. Anantasan yoga also helps in curing disorders related to the uterus, bladder, ovaries, and prostate.
Keep this precaution before doing Anantasana Yoga
Before doing Anantasan yoga, keep the following precautions-
- Avoid practicing Anantasana yoga if you have neck or shoulder pain.
- If you have a problem with spondylitis, slip disc, or sciatica, then you should not do this yoga asana.
- Those people who have any disease related to the spine or waist, should not do Anantasan yoga.
- If you are troubled by any stomach problem or are suffering from any other serious disease, then you should avoid doing this asana.
- Try to do Anantasan yoga only under the guidance of a yoga instructor.