Couse and Symptoms of Kidney Damage
The kidney is a very important part of our body that cleans the blood and works to remove harmful substances like urea, creatinine and many other acids that are deposited in the body from the urethra. In our body, 2 kidneys are found equal to the fist, which is situated near the waist in the middle of the body.
Junk food eating habits, erratic routines, contaminated air, and contaminated water are consumed by us and our body is suffering all these. Such a lifestyle has also increased the number of cases of kidney failure.
The special thing about the kidney is that even if a kidney fails, the body keeps on doing its work properly and the difficult thing about this kidney is that kidney failure is not detected in its first stage. In such a situation, it is important that we can immediately understand the signs of our body that are pointing towards kidney failure.
Some of the major causes of kidney failure
- Internal infection.
- Insufficient blood flow in the kidneys
- Renal damage
- Blocking of urine in the kidneys
1-Lupus, an immune system disorder that causes glomerulonephritis:
- Such as some chemotherapy drugs
- Dyes used during imaging tests
- High levels of calcium in the blood (Haparcomasia)
- Used to treat zoledronic acid (Reclast, Zometa)
- Multiple myeloma
- Cancer of plasma cells
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)
- A rare blood disorder
- Such as alcohol
- Heavy metals and cocaine
- Vasculitis, inflammation of blood vessels
2-Diseases and conditions that can slow blood flow to the kidneys and be responsible for renal failure include:
- loss of blood or fluid, blood pressure medications
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- liver failure
- Ibuprofen(Advil, Motrin IB, and others)
- Naproxen(Aleve, others)or use of related drugs
- Severe allergic reaction(anaphylaxis)
- Severe burns
- Cabbage Dehydration
3-The following conditions and factors of diseases can damage the kidney and cause acute kidney failure:
- Blood clots in the veins and arteries present in and around the kidneys.
- The blood flow to the kidneys is blocked due to the accumulation of cholesterol.
- Glomerulonephritis, inflammation in the small filters present in the kidneys (glomeruli).
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition arising as a result of the premature end of red blood cells).
4-Blocking of urine in the kidneys
- Diseases and conditions, which block the passage of urine from the body (urinary obstruction) and can cause acute renal dysfunction, may include
- Bladder cancer
- Blood clots in the urinary tract
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Enlarged prostate gland
- Kidney stone
- Nerve damage related to the bladder controlling nerves
- Prostate cancer
When is the risk of acute kidney failure increased?
- Acute kidney failure is almost always related to any other medical condition or event. Conditions that increase the risk of kidney failure include:
- Growing old age
- Blockage of blood vessels of your arms or legs (peripheral artery disease)
- High blood pressure
- Heart failure
- Kidney diseases
- Liver diseases
Some symptoms are seen in kidney problem
- Foaming after urination is a sign of early symptoms of kidney failure.
- At the initial stage of kidney failure, there is a change in the amount of urine and a change can be seen in its timing.
- A change in the color of urine and thickening of urine is also a symptom of a bad kidney.
- A sudden increase or decrease in urine volume also indicates kidney failure.
- If you feel pain and pressure during urination due to an infection in the urinary tract, then it also pays attention to the difficult state of the kidney.
- Just the feeling of frequent urination, but if urine does not come, it is also a sign of the bad condition of the kidneys.
- Blood with urine, burning sensation at the time of passing urine also informs about kidney failure.
Other side effects of kidney failure
Controlling the hormones that make new red blood cells in the body is one of the functions of the kidney, but in the event of kidney failure, the formation of new red blood cells starts to decrease due to the lack of blood. Anemia occurs due to which cold also starts in every season.
Severe pain in the back:
Even though it is considered normal to have backache, but if this pain is very severe and is happening only on one side of the body, then consider it as a sign of kidney failure. This pain in the back can also go to the waist and testicles.
Swelling of the feet:
In the condition of kidney failure, water cannot get out of the body and due to the water in the body, swelling starts appearing in the feet.
Skin rashes and itching:
Skin rashes indicate many diseases and one of those diseases is also kidney failure, in which rashes occur on the skin because toxic substances due to kidney failure from the body Due to not being able to get out and accumulate in the body, the side effects on the body start appearing in the form of skin rashes.
Loss of appetite:
If the appetite has suddenly decreased, then this symptom needs to be looked into immediately. This happens due to an increased amount of toxins in the body and due to this, symptoms like vomiting and nausea can also be seen.
Smelling of the mouth:
There can be many reasons for a stinking mouth, one of which may be due to the badness of the kidneys because the level of urea in the blood increases when the kidney gets bad due to which the smell comes from the mouth and the mouth. The taste also worsens.
The decrease in concentration:
In the event of the kidney not functioning properly, there is a lack of oxygen in the brain, which causes a decrease in concentration and increases irritability in nature.
The body itself gives us the signs of malfunction of any part of the body, but we ignore them and due to this, on coming to the last stage, we are able to find the problems of our body. But now you know what changes in the body you want to indicate about your kidney health, so be aware of your body from now on and help yourself to stay healthy.
Hopefully, you will have liked this information on the main symptoms of kidney failure and will prove beneficial for you.