Get rid of period pain immediately
Period pain– Women can suffer from pain in their early teens. Most of the women experience some discomfort during their periods and this experience is very high on the first day. But in 5% to 10% of women, the pain can be severe which endangers their life. (REF)
Why do periods hurt?
Women experience two types of pain during periods. The first is called primary dysmenorrhea and the second is called secondary dysmenorrhea. In primary dysmenorrhea, there is a pain in the lower part of the abdomen but it is not a disease. This pain occurs at the onset of periods and gets better in 2 to 3 days. During this, pain is felt in the lower abdomen and thighs and if there is any disease like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, or endometriosis in the uterus, then severe pain is felt during periods and this is called secondary dysmenorrhea.
This pain increases a week before the start of periods and sometimes it also causes constipation, gas complaints. If the mother has a pen during periods, then there will be a possibility of the child also having a pen. Up to 40% of women have some symptoms along with period pain, such as bloating, tender breasts, abdominal bloating, loss of concentration, mood changes, stiffness, and fatigue.
Primary Period pain
This pain usually occurs in teenage girls and young women as it is a sign of the onset of periods. Abdominal cramps are caused by the contraction of the uterus. Pain can also occur due to a lack of blood in the uterus. The pain is mainly in the lower abdomen but can also travel down and down the back of the thighs. Some women feel irritable. This is a natural condition and for many women, it is just minor menstrual discomfort. Primary pain can be reduced with the birth control pill as well as some relaxation techniques.
Secondary Period pain
This pain may not start until a woman is 20 years old. This pain is not limited to just the month of periods but can occur throughout the period cycle. Periods may become heavier and longer and sex may be painful. Moderate pain can be a sign of other conditions, including infection, that need immediate attention. If you are above 18 years of age and experiencing period pain, you should not hesitate to consult a gynecologist.
Why does the stomach hurt before the period?
Before periods, girls start having problems like abdominal pain and cramps. Sometimes this swelling is also known. But for many girls, this problem starts two days before the period, which is not a good sign. This pain felt before and during periods is called dysmenorrhea, but in 90 percent of women, this problem is due to cramping in the uterus. When the uterus starts the contraction process, prostaglandin hormones are released. During this time, clots also come out from the uterus, due to which the pain is felt more. Sometimes it can also lead to fibroids and endometriosis.
Simple ways to get rid of period pain
There are several simple ways to reduce period pain or discomfort –
- Take a hot bath with aromatherapy oil.
- Always keep a warm water bottle with you.
- Massage the back and abdomen. It is extremely effective for some women.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes for a few days before and during your period.
- Do some gentle exercise like yoga. Take regular rest before periods. It helps to relax the muscles in the first few days and improves the blood flow to the secreted area.
For quick relief, get a pain reliever specially designed for period symptoms.
Home remedies for abdominal pain during period
Research has shown that the pain of periods can be reduced by balancing the lifestyle –
- The first and most important step is to quit smoking.
- Smoking is thought to increase period pain by reducing the amount of oxygen in the secret area.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Eat high-fiber foods, salads, and vegetables.
- Daily vitamin-E supplements are supposed to help.
- If you eat red meat, make sure it is lean. Eat more chicken and fish.
- Cut down on sweeteners such as chocolates, cakes, and biscuits.
To avoid water retention, reduce the amount of salt in your diet. Instead of drinking sweetened water, choose pure fruit juices or mineral water. (Also, Read- Some important and interesting facts about periods )
Period pain treatment
It is not right to use painkillers to relieve period pain. In place of painkillers, some home remedies should be used to remove this pain. With the help of these methods, you can easily get relief in period pain.
Ajwain is beneficial
The problem of gas increases more in women during periods. The problem of gas also causes pain in the stomach. Ajwain is the best option to remove it. Mixing half a teaspoon of salt in half a teaspoon of carom seeds and drinking it with lukewarm water provides instant relief in periods.
Ginger consumption is also beneficial
The use of ginger is very beneficial to relieve the pain caused by periods. Boil finely chopped ginger pieces in a cup of water, you can also add sugar to it for the test.
Eat papaya is relieve your Period pain
Eating papaya during periods improves digestion. Eating papaya during periods also provides relief in pain. Due to this the flow of blood also remains fine.
Use of basil is relieved your Period pain
Tulsi is a natural pain killer and antibiotic. If you also have severe pain during the period, then while making tea, add basil leaves and boil it, it will give relief.
Milk products are relieved your Period pain
Those women who have a lack of calcium in their bodies have more pain during the period. Therefore, to avoid pain in such times, definitely consume milk and milk products.
Hot water compress
During periods, there is severe pain in the abdomen and waist, to get rid of which hot water should be baked.
Visit your doctor for a pain check-up. She can give you some specific advice:
- Treatment with non-hormonal drugs: tranexamic acid or mefenamic acid.
- Birth control pill: This will not only reduce pain and discomfort but will also make your periods lighter and regular.
- Hard Pain Relief Pills That You Cannot Buy From A Chemist: These should be started as soon as the period starts. Do not wait to take the medicine until the pain gets worse.
- Intra-uterine system (IUS) may be suitable for some women: This is a very effective method of contraception that can also reduce blood loss and period pain.
Periods are a natural process that cannot be stopped or interrupted, but the pain and other discomforts caused by them can be minimized. If women take some precautions and avoidance, then they can come out of the problems caused by periods comfortably. It can be controlled by changing the routine and balancing the diet.