Best Health Benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Upavistha Konasana is a Sanskrit word. These words consist of three words. The first word ‘Upavishta’ means to sit. But if seen, subdivision, slightly lying, and slightly sitting position is called. The second word is ‘angle’. Angle means a particular position. In the literal sense, the space formed between two lines is called an angle. Similarly, due to the space created between the two legs in the subdistrict Konasana, the word angle has been included in the name of this asana. While the third word is asana. The word Asana refers to sitting in a particular position, getting up, lying down, or staying in a particular position.
This asana is also called Upavistha Konasana in Sanskrit and Hindi while Upavistha Konasana and Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend Pose in English. Upavishtha Konasana is considered to be a moderate difficulty Yogasana of hatha yoga. Its practice time has been reported from 30 to 60 seconds. There is no repetition in this asana. By this practice, the legs are stretched while the ribs become strong.
Do this asana before performing it.
- Baddha Konasana
- Prasad Padottanasana
- Supta Baddha Konasana
- Supta Padangusthasana
The right way to do Upavistha Konasana
- Sit upright on yoga mats.
- Spread both legs and make a 90-degree angle in the middle.
- Tilt both toes outward.
- Straighten both legs and keep the ankle upward.
- At this stage, a tingling should be felt in the lower part of the waist.
- Beginners may also sit on a soft cushion if there is discomfort.
- Place both palms on the yoga mats behind the hips.
- Draw long and deep breaths inward.
- Hold in this position for a few seconds.
- Shortly, a good stretch will be felt in the legs.
- Now while exhaling, pull the stomach inward and lean in front.
- Gently bring both your hands to the front.
- Use the breath as a guide.
- Stretch the spine as much as possible.
- Stop immediately when there is discomfort.
- Take long, deep breaths and hold for a maximum of one minute.
- After this, slowly return to normal position while exhaling.
- Bend the knees and bring the legs back together.
Do this asana after performing it.
- Baddha Konasana
- Siddhasana or Sukhasana
- Supta Padangusthasana
Best Health Benefits Of Upavistha Konasana
The regular practice of Upavistha Konasana provides many important benefits to the body. like-
- Benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Gives a good stretch to the lower and inner parts of the legs.
- The organs within the abdomen are toned and stimulate.
- Strengthens the spine.
- Benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Frees the groin.
- The partner of the groin gives a good stretch to the muscles.
- Health benefits of Upavistha Konasana- Relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Advantages of Upavistha Konasana-Cures sciatica and arthritis.
- Helps to cleanse the kidneys.
- Benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Stretches the hamstrings.
- Health benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Activates core muscles.
- Advantages of Upavistha Konasana– Six-packs help in achieving abs with yoga.
- Benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Helps reduce lower body fat.
- Very effective in relieving asthma.
- Benefits of Upavistha Konasana– Helps enhance sexual desire.
- Yoga is the major posture of weight loss resolution.
Things to keep in mind before doing Upavistha Konasana
- Gradually increase the practice to perform Upavistha Konasana.
- Do not practice this asana in case of discomfort.
- Never put pressure on the shoulders or knees.
- Always note that you have warmed up and the core muscles are activated.
- If at any time you feel discomfort or pain, do not apply pressure at all.
- Slowly stop practicing asana and relax.
- If you are doing this asana for the first time, then practice this asana under the supervision of a qualified yoga guru.
- Upavistha Konasana should be practiced in the morning.
- If doing these asanas in the evening, then eat food 4 to 6 hours before.
- Before defecating, defecate and the stomach should be empty.
Caution in Upavistha Konasana
If you have the following problems then avoid practicing Upavistha Konasana.
- Do not do this asana if you have pain in the spine.
- This asana should not be done even if there is a serious illness.
- Do not do this asana in case of diarrhea.
- In case of pain in the neck, Upavistha Konasana should not be done.
- Do not raise your hands when there is a problem with shoulder pain.
- In case of knee pain or arthritis, practice with the help of the wall.
- Heart and high blood pressure patients should not do this asana.
- Initially do Upavistha Konasana under the supervision of a yoga trainer.
- You can do this asana on your own as well.
- Be sure to consult a doctor before starting the practice of Upavistha Konasana.