What is Matsyasana Yoga?
Matsyasana derives from the Sanskrit word Matsya which means fish. Matsyasana yoga is an asana performed on the back. In this, the body shape looks like a fish, so it is also known as Fish Yoga Pose. If it is done with the right method, its health benefits are many. Matsyasana Yoga is an excellent yoga practice for the throat and thyroid. It reduces your abdominal fat and relieves backache. While doing this some care should also be taken which is given below.
Steps of Matsyasana
We are giving the method of Matsyasana in detail here, read it carefully.
- Sit in Dandasana. Try to lengthen the spine by pressing the ground with light hands, and breathing in.
- Breathing in, lift both legs, and bring them to Padmasana.
- Now slowly move them back towards the back. Support the torso by inoculating the elbows on the ground.
- Now, while extending the neck, tilt the head towards the ground.
- Keep tilting the back and head until the head touches the ground.
- Now lift the arms and hold the toes with your hands.
- Keep the vision on the nose. If you have difficulty in doing this, then you can keep your eyesight even on the balance.
- According to your ability, stay in this posture for 60 to 90 seconds and then slowly bring the legs back. Initially take less time (even 30 seconds is enough) and gradually increase the time.
The easy way to do this yoga
In Matsyasana, the back bending currency can be difficult for new students. Support the waist by placing a thick blanket under your back and make sure that your head is comfortably vaccinated on the floor.
If there is less flexibility in the back or mild pain, then support the torso by resting the elbows on the ground.
If Padmasana’s posture is not done to you, then keep the legs straight. Look at the picture below:
Benefits of Matsyasana
Some important benefits are being mentioned here-
- Matsyasana health benefits for abdominal fat: By practicing this asana you can reduce belly fat. But to reduce belly fat, this posture needs to be worn for a long time so that the stomach gets stretched. And at the same time, it is also necessary to keep doing this asana for a few months.
- Treating thyroid with Matsyasana: Matsyasana works as a panacea to treat thyroid. This asana massages the thyroid and mercury thyroid found in the neck area, which helps in the secretion of the thyroxine hormone. This thyroxine plays an important role in the treatment of the hormone thyroid.
- Matsyasana health benefits for constipation: This asana massages the stomach and is beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
- The Matsyasana health benefits for lung diseases: The practice of this asana widens the chest, which is beneficial in lung and respiratory diseases.
- Matsyasana health benefits for spine flexibility: It relaxes the upper back muscles and makes the spine flexible.
- Knee pain: It is useful in knee and back pain.
- Matsyasan prevented from sexual disorders: It helps women in avoiding various types of sexual disorders.
- The Matsyasana health benefits for uterine problems: This is the best posture for women with uterine problems.
- Diabetes: It massages the pancreas and helps secrete insulin.
- Back pain: It makes your spine flexible and relieves you from back pain.
Posture after Matsyasana
- Uttana Padasana or Raised Legs Pose
- Sirsasana or Headstand
- Baddha Padmasana or Bounded Lotus Pose
- Padmasana or Lotus Pose
Do not do Matsyasana in case of excessive pain in the chest and throat or any other disease. This asana should be done with great care, there is a fear of spraining the neck quickly because the torso has to be completely turned upwards. This asana can be done from one minute to five minutes.